Join UHP – Becoming a Trooper
The basic eligibility requirements for being hired as a Trooper are:
- High school diploma or GED
- Age 21 and over
- United States citizen or a lawful resident of the United States who has been in the United States legally for at least five(5) years AND has legal authorization to work in the United States
- A background demonstrating good moral character
All applicants interested in becoming a State Trooper are required to take a written exam called the P.O.S.T. Entrance Exam. Click here for more information and testing locations.
- Test results normally take two weeks for the results.
- Arrangements are available for out-of-state applicants.
- For additional information.
Recruiting on Instagram Stories
We’ve shared a lot of information about joining UHP on our Instagram Stories.
Click here to check them out or visit our Instagram page @utahhighwaypatrol