Join UHP – Becoming a Trooper
A public recruitment has been posted for those who are interested in applying for the position of Trooper with the Utah Highway Patrol.
Anyone who is interested in this recruitment must apply online at www.statejobs.utah.gov Ref
The basic eligibility requirements for being hired as a Trooper are:
- High school diploma or GED
- Age 21 and over
- US Citizen
- A background demonstrating good moral character
All applicants interested in becoming a State Trooper are required to take a written exam called the P.O.S.T. Entrance Exam. Click here for more information and testing locations.
- Test results normally take two weeks for the results.
- Arrangements are available for out-of-state applicants.
- For additional information.