Join UHP – Becoming a Trooper
A public recruitment has been posted for those who are interested in applying for the position of Trooper with the Utah Highway Patrol.
Anyone who is interested in this recruitment must apply online at https://www.governmentjobs.
Refer to Requisition #23065 . The closing date is Thursday, June 18, 2020 at 11:59 pm.
- Physical Assessment Testing (PT) will be done at various locations throughout the state (Salt Lake, Ogden, St. George and Price). The PT testing has been postponed until further notice. You will be contacted and additional information with specific dates and locations for this testing process will be sent out via email at a later date. Please click HERE for the UHP PT Standards.
- If you are NOT currently POST Certified (attended the police academy) you MUST take and pass the National Police Officer Selection Test (NPOST). This test MUST be completed by the last day of Physical Testing TBD. You MUST pass this test with a 70% or above in every category and overall. For additional information about the POST test can be found HERE. If you have already taken the NPOST with a passing score you do not need to retake it, regardless of how long ago it was taken.
The basic eligibility requirements for being hired as a Trooper are:
- High school diploma or GED
- Age 21 and over
- US Citizen
- A background demonstrating good moral character
All applicants interested in becoming a State Trooper are required to take a written exam called the P.O.S.T. Entrance Exam. Click here for more information and testing locations.
- Test results normally take two weeks for the results.
- Arrangements are available for out-of-state applicants.
- For additional information.