Join UHP – Becoming a Trooper
We currently have an open recruitment. Applications must be submitted by October 25, 2021. Click here or on the button below to go to the online application.
***Physical Assessment testing will be done at various locations throughout the state ***
- One for One salary credit may be given for prior law enforcement experience
- $5,000 training reimbursement given to those who recently self-sponsored through a Utah POST satellite academy
- $5,000 hiring bonus for those with prior law enforcement experience
- $2,500 signing bonus to a new hired trooper, not captured in the two above, upon POST graduation/certification
The basic eligibility requirements for being hired as a Trooper are:
- High school diploma or GED
- Age 21 and over
- United States citizen or a lawful resident of the United States who has been in the United States legally for at least five(5) years AND has legal authorization to work in the United States
- A background demonstrating good moral character
All applicants interested in becoming a State Trooper are required to take a written exam called the P.O.S.T. Entrance Exam. Click here for more information and testing locations.
- Test results normally take two weeks for the results.
- Arrangements are available for out-of-state applicants.
- For additional information.
Recruiting on Instagram Stories
We’ve shared a lot of information about joining UHP on our Instagram Stories.
Click here to check them out or visit our Instagram page @utahhighwaypatrol