Join UHP – Becoming a Trooper
*RECRUITMENT ANTICIPATED TO OPEN IN MID-DECEMBER*
The basic eligibility requirements for being hired as a Trooper are:
- High school diploma or GED
- Age 21 and over
- US Citizen
- A background demonstrating good moral character
All applicants interested in becoming a State Trooper are required to take a written exam called the P.O.S.T. Entrance Exam. Click here for more information and testing locations.
- Test results normally take two weeks for the results.
- Arrangements are available for out-of-state applicants.
- For additional information.